There are many clubs for members that have similar interests. We present here an alphabetical list with a short description of their activities. Affiliated organizations have their independent organizations, but have events at the Betsuin. Unless the contact is indicated, please contact the Betsuin Office for information.
- Aloha Club – All things Hawaii
- Bonsai Club – Affiliated organization. Puts on the annual Bonsai Exhibition. Members also help with pruning the plants in the Betsuin garden.
- Book Club – Members read books about Buddhism or general interest and discuss how Buddhist thoughts can be applied to them. Meets monthly during the school year.
- Cooking Club – Sharing recipes and cooking Japanese-American favorites.
- Dana Club – Members practice dana which is selfless-giving. Activities include sorting food at the Second Harvest Food Bank, volunteering with Rebuilding Together, sponsoring Yu-AI-Kai birthday parties and helping at the Shinnenkai.
- Game Club – Members play various games including online, video, role-playing, traditional, cards. Meets monthly.
- Sangha Crafters/Quilters – Members create quilts and other crafts for donations to local groups.
- Shakuhachi Club – Instruction and performance on the Shakuhachi – a Japanese flute.